Volunteers (ages 16+) are welcome to assist the teachers in the classroom.
Our volunteers often spend their time:
- Reading – Read stories to help children learn to read and prepare for a life of learning.
- Art – Help children explore various mediums and methods and develop their artistic talents.
- Drama – Work with our students to act out simple stories and help them develop early writing skills.
- Music – Help children develop a love for music by sharing various instruments, song and dance activities.
- Sports – Teach the value of teamwork and cooperation while helping students build motor skills and coordination.
Volunteers who would like to work in the classrooms are welcome to volunteer between the hours of 9:00 am to 11:30 am or 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm. Volunteers helping outside of the classroom are welcome to come anytime between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. Download our volunteer forms here.
If any of these opportunities interests you or if you have some ideas of your own, please email email@example.com or call 407-647-0505 to schedule a time to come by the school for a tour and a brief volunteer interview which will take approximately 30 minutes.
*Volunteers must volunteer for a minimum of once a week for at least four weeks.